Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility (AVCF) opened in August 1987. The facility is located just off of Highway 96 four miles west of Ordway and 40 miles east of Pueblo.
AVCF is a Level III facility that manages a diverse population consisting of 1,089 medium custody inmates. The facility does have some specialized housing units - a Protective Custody Unit, a Re-Entry pod, an Incentive Living Unit, and a treatment and maintenance unit for people convicted of a sexual offense.
Warden Mark Fairbairn
Address: 12750 Hwy 96 at Lane 13
Ordway, CO. 81034
- Visiting Days and Hours
- PC inmates: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. *Processing begins at 8:45 a.m.
- General Population: 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. *Processing begins at 11:45 am
- General Population: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for each Saturday except the FIRST Saturday of each month.
- There is no GP visiting on the first Saturday of each month.
- PC inmates: The FIRST Saturday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. *Processing begins at 10:00 a.m.
- General Population: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. *Processing begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Re-entry Pod: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m. * Processing begins at 8:45 a.m.
Visitors may not arrive on AVCF grounds more than 45 minutes prior to the start of visiting. No visitors will be processed or admitted 90 minutes prior to the end of visiting.
Visitors may visit on Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday, but not on Saturday and Sunday of the same weekend.
Individuals visiting inmates assigned to the AVCF Re-entry Pod may visit all four days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- AVCF Visiting Appointments
- Appointments are required for all visits. Appointments by phone can be arranged by calling (719) 267-5137 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday, for the upcoming weekend.
- Appointments by E-mail DOC_AVCF_Visiting@state.co.us will be processed between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Requests must be received before 3 p.m. Thursday for the upcoming weekend. E-mails are for visiting appointments only and will be processed in the order they are received. A confirmation e-mail will be sent once the visit has been approved or denied.
The following information will be required to process email requests:
- The incarcerated individual’s full name and DOC number in message body.
- Full name and dates of birth for all visitors being scheduled in message body.
- (All visit cancellations must be made by the same person who requested the visit)
- The name of the individual on the email account.
- No more than three adults and three children can visit at one time. The number of persons permitted per visit may be reduced due to the security needs of the facility and space limitations. The maximum number of reservations taken for each visiting day will be 35.
- Where/How to submit visiting applications
Visiting Applications can be found HERE
Visiting Applications, along with a copy of the individual’s current, valid photo ID, should be mailed to AVCF at 12750 Highway 96 at Lane 13, Ordway, CO 81034.
- Who to contact if visiting has been denied
Administrative Services Manager, 12750 Highway 96 at Lane 13, Ordway, CO 81034. Phone number is 719-267-3520.