Medical Records Request

To request the medical record of a currently incarcerated individual, previously incarcerated individual or a current parolee, you must have a signed medical release form.

If you are a medical office or health agency requesting this information, you may fill out the CDOC Medical Release form 

If you are not a medical provider and you are not requesting your own personal medical information, any other agency would need to also provide:

  • A letter requesting the information on the agency's letterhead.
  • Valid Authorization that specifies what records are needed in detail.
  • Copy of a HIPAA compliance form that their client was informed of the privacy rights.

Please attach the completed medical release form and submit your request to doc_open_records@state.co.us